Explore the art and science of creating beautiful and delicious chocolates. Award-winning confectioner Ewald Notter of the International School of Confectionary Arts uses tempered chocolate to create decorative showpieces and awe-inspiring works of culinary art.
In part one of this DVD, Chef Notter teaches you the fundamentals of chocolate work, bringing all the information and techniques together as he:
- Explains how chocolate is manufactured and tempered.
- Demonstrates the basics of spraying, cutting out shapes, and using plastic molds and transfer sheets.
- Creates bunnies and chicks, a swan, and Valentine and Christmas displays.
Stretch your creativity and build on the techniques you explored in part one. In part two, Chef Notter teaches you how to:
- Make chocolate shavings, curls, and cigarettes.
- Pipe chocolate to make decorative filigrees and ornaments.
- Create several fanciful chocolate pieces—an owl, a rooster, and a hat.