A server with the confidence and knowledge to encourage wine sales is an asset to any foodservice operation.
The tips and techniques covered in Wine Service for Wait Staff will help boost your front-of-the-house staff’s confidence, polish their up-selling skills, and, most important, increase your bottom line.
During this DVD, your staff will:
- Learn the proper way to open, present, and serve red, white, and sparkling wines.
- Examine the process for properly decanting red wine.
- Discover the way to retrieve a broken or pushed-in cork from a bottle.
- Gain an understanding of the “quadrant system” method of food and wine pairing.
- Learn the techniques for serving cheese tableside