The chefs, nutritionists, and researchers at the CIA take a fresh look at how to prepare food that is both healthy and flavorful. The Healthy Palate combines information from the Harvard School of Public Health, the USDA, and the Mediterranean diet.
Presented in a clear and concise format, the educational DVD discusses everything from nutritional facts and food category basics to the health effects of certain foods and methods for employing healthy foods and cooking techniques in everyday production. Specific topics include:
- The Engine—find out how the body uses food as fuel
- Phytonutrients and You—discover the sources, uses, and substitutions of phytonutrients
- Good Fat, Bad Fat—explore monosaturated, polysaturated, and trans saturated fats
- Carbohydrates & Grains—study carbohydrates sources and grain substitutions
- Where’s Protein—uncover the various sources of protein
- Successful Solutions—view “healthy” menu options right off the menus of successful restaurants
The Healthy Palate also includes cooking demonstrations for the following topics—Healthy Beginnings, Beyond Brown Rice, Beyond Sauté, and Fruit and Beyond.